Thursday 24 June 2010

PRODUCT RAVES: The Body Shop

So I called in the good old body shop on Monday and had a look at their clearance items. I do find the body shop to be rather on the pricey side and don't like to pay full price for their products. Anyway, I needed a new body moisturiser and I like the body shop butters, but not for 12 quid, especially as I tend to use quite a lot in one go. Luckily a selection had been reduced to a fiver. I decided on the Almond one which literally smells good enough to eat! Yummy! My beady eyes, hunting for bargains then landed on a lonely pretty pink blusher which was the last of it's kind but didn't have a price attached.


Oh well, I decided to get it anyway but hoped it was reduced and that someone hadn't just plonked it down in the sale section. I then chose two hair products- the banana hair conditioner and a brazil nut hair conditioning mask which was reduced to a fiver from £8. I waddled upto the counter, cradling my products and put them down in front of the smiley sales assistant. She scanned in my items and the blush came up as three quid- result!! The blush is one from a LE Roseflower collection. It is a very pretty pale pink with subtle gold sparkles. Definitely one to brighten up my dressing table and worth £3. It's quite pale so could be used as more of a highlight or beauty powder, so I was very pleased with that purchase.




The nice lady at the counter also told me that the brazil nut hair conditioner is to be used as a pre-wash- basically grab a dollop and massage it through your hair, leave it for about 15 minutes, or even overnight, then shampoo and condition as usual. I left it for about 10/15 minutes and didn't have particularly high expectations for it, but it actually worked and my hair felt much silkier after use. I have quite coarse, dry hair which doesn't often feel particularly nice. However, this mask really did give it the silky feeling that you get when you come out of a salon. It might be a bit too intense for very fine or greasy hair but if you have dry, damaged or chemically treated hair this could be a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment